Tees for Bees Ethically Sourced Products
Our goal at Tees for Bees is to provide customers with ethically sourced apparel and accessories. To do this, we research our manufacturers and their accreditations.
Although some of our blanks are imported, we use US-based printing and fulfillment for our regular cotton products and a French-based partner for our organic cotton products.
Tees for Bees Regular Branded Products
Our regular cotton tees manufacturer is based in the United States with factories in Canada, the US, and South America.
The company undergoes 14 environmental audits at its facilities. They have never received any fines or penalties related to environmental or ecological issues.
Tees for Bees Organic Cotton Products
Our organic cotton tees are manufactured in India using GOTS certified organic cotton. The following organizations also approve the manufacturer:
- Standard 100 by Oeko-Tex - "If a textile article carries the STANDARD 100 label, you can be certain that every component of this article, i.e. every thread, button and other accessories, has been tested for harmful substances and that the article therefore is harmless for human health."
- OCS Blended - "The Organic Content Standard (OCS) applies to any non-food product containing 5-100 percent organic material. It verifies the presence and amount of organic material in a final product. Further OCS tracks the flow of a raw material from its source to the final product. This process is then certified by an accredited third party."
- OCS 100 - "The Organic Content Standard (OCS) applies to any non-food product containing 95-100 percent organic material. It verifies the presence and amount of organic material in a final product and tracks the flow of the raw material from its source to the final product."
- GOTS - "The Global Organic Textile Standard (GOTS) was developed through collaboration by leading standard setters with the aim of defining requirements that are recognized worldwide, and that ensure the organic status of textiles from harvesting of the raw materials through environmentally and socially responsible manufacturing all the way to labeling in order to provide credible assurance to the consumer."
- GRS (Global Recycle Standard) - "The GRS is an international, voluntary, full product standard that sets requirements for third-party certification of recycled content, chain of custody, social and environmental practices and chemical restrictions."
- Vegan Approved by PETA - "Made of vegan alternatives to animal-derived materials such as leather, fur, silk, feathers, or bone."